Come join our Distribution Team!
We are a family-owned company and a wholesale distributor of Pepsi products, beverages, fountain drinks, MolsonCoors beer, vending products, food services, and our newest product line, cannabis. We sell our products throughout greater MN and western WI. As part of our team, you help us create an experience that makes customers say, "Bernick's is our preferred partner!"
Reporting to our Senior Director of Operations, our Distribution Manager plans, organizes, directs, controls and coordinates the distribution of our goods.
Major accountabilities include:
- Develop a vision and strategy for Distribution performance including standards of performance, continuous improvement and safety
- Set the stage for a high performing team by engaging Team Members through coaching and mentoring initiatives
- Build both internal and external relationships through supporting, networking and teambuilding
- Lead and support company-wide Continuous Improvement efforts through the implementation of lean processes and team collaboration
- Support the design and development of IT systems that support all current and future delivery needs
- Ensure that every step of the logistics process is functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities
- Utilize analytics to manage and optimize our Team’s performance
- Collaborate with managers and key team members primarily in warehouse, fleet and sales, as well as the location management team
- Train, develop, mentor and assist the team in all the departments that fall within Distribution
- Create a comprehensive annual plan for Distribution Team and Fleet capital needs
- Collaborate routing decisions with soft drink, grocery, beer and warehouse teams
- Proven Distribution professional; preferably within consumer goods industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years supervisory and/or Distribution Management experience
- Possess a valid Class A Driver’s License; Driving record which meets Bernick’s standard
- Ability to lift and move product weighing 50-165 pounds
- Ability to bend, lift, twist, while moving product off the truck
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities
- Ability to operate complex computer systems and learn Bernick's applicable proprietary systems
- Exceptional problem-solving and communication skills, detail oriented, creative and highly organized
- Possess a high-level understanding of service, equipment and sales interdependencies
- Ability to proactively identify and report problems to the appropriate individual
- Required to travel to other Bernick’s locations on either a day trip or overnight if the situation warrants
- Working in an office and a warehouse environment with changing climate conditions
If this sounds like you, apply now!
EEO Statement: Bernick’s is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.